Friday, January 20, 2012

Roller coaster

What a night. Waited all night and no news about what is going on. Amy had a ct scan tonight and doctors came in the room with panic on their faces. They said scans showed she was actively bleeding in her lungs and heart cavity. They said surgery was neccessary tonight or she would have massive complications and die. Plus they said they probably couldn't stop the bleeding in the heart cavity. Basically they said her end was near. So we spend some time crying and panicking when 20 minutes later another doctor comes in and says there was a mistake and a junior radiologist read her scans and interpreted them incorrectly. They said there is no active bleeding, no surgery tonight and nobody is gonna die tonight. Dang, that was a rough way to get happy at the end of the day! Still a lot of unanswered questions but we are grateful for mistakes tonight. Gonna sleep well in my lounger chair in the ICU room!

4 comments:

  1. That is crazy! So happy to hear that the radiologist messed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they offer you an adivan after? OMG...I'm happy it was a mistake and I hope Amy is feeling more comfortable. I can't imagine why they didn't have a 2nd opinion from another radiologist before giving such grave news.

    As always, I'm sending many prayers for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that one good thing is that they let you stay with her, none of that "immediate family" nonsense. I feel so bad for you guys, I don't know what to say, except that I will think of you and keep you in my prayers. I'm glad that the doctor was wrong here, but you are right, not a good way to get happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear from you. You are both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated and enjoyed!