Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Think I Can! I Think I Can! ... Follow the Dream


I love the story about "the little train that could".  It's a good reminder of an attitude we might all try adopting.  Sometimes following a dream can feel like pushing against insurmountable obstacles that will never end.  Stand back... maybe while you've been knocking and banging persistently on a certain door to open, there may be an open one right next to it... or a way through above or below it.  But, I think there's always a way.  Sometimes my dream seems so distant, and other days like a couple weeks ago before the home inspection revealed additional problems, it felt within reach.  A client called these types of problems "first world dilemmas".  I laughed.  How true. 

I have my health, I'm self employed, have  friends and I need to keep telling myself, "I think I can!".  Pessimism and resignation are never very attractive or healthy attitudes to adopt.  Yes, everyone has their moments, and when we get there I encourage talking to someone you trust about it, avoid the temptation to hibernate and soon time will remove cloud.

My dream - to have my little chunk of land in the Ozarks, grow a lot of my own food, raise my animals, live with the land and become part of the cycle of interdependency.  Good community and good friends.  Helping others and receiving help when needed.  Idealistic??  I think I can!  I think I can!  I'm gonna keep chugging away.

Tell, me - what is your dream??  I'd love to hear and have you share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated and enjoyed!